As a student, you only get to take holiday breaks every once in a while. Getting bored and lazing around is not an option, and that is why we have compiled a couple of things that you would want to do while on holiday break.
1. Call your friends up and invite them to hang out. It’s not often that you get to see your friends, especially when you’re busy preparing for college. This is the perfect time to catch up with your friends, or anyone that you miss.
2. Try baking with your family. Baking is a great way to bond with your family, whether you’re really good at it or not. It’s a very festive holiday, and baking is a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. If you’re up for it, you can try these Christmas baking recipes.
3. Christmas is the perfect time to help the less fortunate. Doing some volunteer work and donating are some of the many ways that you could help out. If you would like to donate blood, you can check Red Cross’ website. If you love kids and would like to help them out, you can check out the National Alliance for Youth Sports’ or NAYS’ website to learn more about the requirements. If you’re into mentoring kids and would like to be a role model, you can check out Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ website.
4. Catch a movie with your loved ones. Watching movies is a great way to bond with your family. Whether you’re up for just one movie or a whole marathon, we have found a list of the 20 Best College Movies to give you an insight about what College looks like.
5. Plan and organize your back-to-school schedule. While Christmas is all about having fun, it is also important to remember your priorities in school. Arranging your schedule and planning ahead of time can be a big help, and won’t make you feel lost once you get back to school after the holidays.
6. Give your essays, cover letter, and personal statement a makeover. This is the best time to take a look at your college application essays and write-ups. Take the time to research and make everything look and sound better. Besides, it’s your future that we’re talking about.
Whatever you do, always remember that Christmas is the time of giving and sharing. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, and may you have a great vacation!
Sign-up & Join us today > www.teachers-to-go.com